Published: 04/05/2021 By DAVID MUSGROVEYour garden can add up to 10% to the value of your home. Make sure that your outdoor space makes a good first impression.
As a result of lockdown, gardens have become much more important. Everyone wants their own outdoor space to relax, entertain and enjoy some fresh air. See some useful tips on improving your garden.
1. Fix the fences and give them a fresh look with the help of paint or wood stain. Paint any doorway so that when the buyer arrives at your house, they are seeing it at its best.
2. Trim all unobstructed hedges, tall and overgrown trees, and plants. This way visitors can move around the garden easily.
3. Edge and mow your lawn. In the case of small unattractive lawns, you can apply some fake grass to fix them immediately.
4. Clean all borders by removing any weeds and keep some ornamental stones or bark down to keep them at bay.
5. Clean up the garden by throwing out any broken items and keep children's toys to a minimum. Remove any unsightly parts of your garden, for example bins with trellis.
6. Weed decking & paths. Power wash paths, courtyards, and ornaments that will relieve winter mosses and grime.
7. The majority of people search for a garden with clearly defined areas. They are looking for a comfortable seating area, outdoor dining/entertaining space. Do you not have any outdoor furniture? Borrow a table and some chairs to show potential viewers how they can use the space.
8. Plants are a very beautiful way to improve the look of your lawn. Every outdoor space will be made better by plants, shrubs, and flowers. Put some planters with bushes or a hanging basket by your front door. Make sure that you are presenting a good view of your garden from inside your house.
9. Exterior buildings such as garages, sheds and gazebos are very useful. Make sure that they are freshly coloured, tidied and fit for use. This way viewers can see where they can keep all their belongings.
10. There are many outdoor accessories that you can add to your gardens. Accessories such as festive lighting, sofas, bars, and waterproof area mats help to sell your house. Invest in these ornaments.
We hope that our useful tips will help you sell your home at its best.
Local mortgage advice.
Search for a property today.